Infamous Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

XP Rate MODE

4 posters

Go down

XP Rate MODE Empty XP Rate MODE

Post by Guest Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:56 am

As a server that prides in the input of our community, even if it is viewed negatively in our eyes initially, people DO have their say.

Jt and I have heard your plead for us to increase the XP Multiplier, we are both against this because even if you are unaware of it, players want a higher XP rate in order to attain a goal faster. The old infamous dream had everyone maxed and nobody had anything to do. With slower XP rates that creates a longer time you have something to go for in the gameplay. Also it creates a spectrum of levels that players are at, making he community seem diverse in the sense there are people who want to focus on skilling or combat or pvm, etc.

As a result, It has been decided that i'll have to make a XP mode. A fast mode with increased XP. This mode will not allow you to prestige nor wear the 120 capes as those capes are being reserved for those who attain the stat in that way. Your account will be marked as easy or hard. Because of this it is possible i may have to reassign a few variables and create an integer based system to depict the status of the player. I will be working as my first and upmost priority in order to allow people who do not enjoy this XP rate to play. For those who are already playing the game seriously. You are the people who will remain with the Slower Xp but more rewarding XP rate. All of you skill levels and items will remain unaffected with this update. I will make absolute sure of that. Those who want to start on the new difficulty would have to create an account and would only be able to choose the difficulty once. I will get this system done and perfected in a short time hopefully so i can see the immediate return of some of our veterans who decided to pass on the game due to the xp rate.

Please be patient as i do this.

Anyway on a brighter note; ive been learning alot and so has JT. Ive focused on HEX editing particles into the game, textures, a bossing area and more. Everything is going good and our server is becoming more unique and diverse at the minute. I hope you are all looking forward to the future updates as much as I am.
These updates are large scale and are more like projects rather than small updates.

Thanks for reading!

Xitra

Back to top Go down

XP Rate MODE Empty Re: XP Rate MODE

Post by Bonesaw Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:22 am

[10:10:58] Soyakiii™: Xitra
[10:11:00] Soyakiii™: and JT
[10:11:16] Soyakiii™: want my input
[10:11:48] Soyakiii™: In my opinion, you should have this; 1 game mode
[10:12:47] Soyakiii™: if you wish to add another that is challenging, add one called Iron Man with slow xp making it challenging, but not neccessarily like Iron man on RS3 bcuz that requires alot of coding & development
[10:12:58] Soyakiii™: but this 1 game mode I mentioned above will be like this
[10:13:15] Soyakiii™: the xp rate will be high for combat, slow for skilling
[10:13:25] Soyakiii™: x10 skilling, x100 combat (or something)
[10:13:38] Soyakiii™: after players reach 99 in a combat skill, the exp will go down to x10
[10:13:50] Soyakiii™: so it's still going to take a while to get 200M in a combat skill
[10:13:53] Soyakiii™: just like skilling
[10:13:58] Soyakiii™: sounds good?
[10:14:00] Soyakiii™: or naaa
[10:14:05] Soyakiii™: tell me if am retarded
[10:14:44] Soyakiii™: or if it actually makes sense
[10:14:58] Soyakiii™: the reason I brought it up is because it used to be like this on a server I played
[10:15:16] Soyakiii™: there's some players who have managed to get some 200M skills
[10:15:59] Soyakiii™: but no one has yet to obtain ALL skills (except dung and construct, that isn't ingame) 200M
[10:16:31] Soyakiii™: the master cape could be for players with 200M in a skill
[10:17:56] Soyakiii™: instead of at 104M xp like on rs3
[10:18:40] Soyakiii™: If you want, you can add a members benefit in the exp rate
[10:18:50] Soyakiii™: 100x combat, 10x skilling = free (or memb)
[10:19:48] Soyakiii™: and 125x-150x combat, 15x-20x skilling = membs (or lower if the above is memb)
Bonesaw
Bonesaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Kidd Baker Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:44 pm

Awh man.... I really like my name though... glad to see this implemented though.
Kidd Baker
Kidd Baker

Back to top Go down

Post by jt Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:11 pm

Bone, that's a good idea, however it would cause more memory to be used which would cause lag. That's one of the reasons why we didn't want to implement this system. With that being said, I'm going to try and optimize the code and see if I can really bring the most out of this type of system.
jt
jt
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:03 pm

So sad to see our closest friends and most loyal players leave over this... it's a good thing you're going to be changing this around, it's a very good idea, even I couldn't have thought up something like this.
Rachel
Rachel
Forum Owner
Forum Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:47 am

Yes, i've developed the system and been learning other pieces of code. should be implemented soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum